Medical Micro Molding & Micro Extrusion
For silicones and thermoplastics
Freudenberg Medical offers HelixMicro™ specialized micro molding and micro extrusion services to medical device OEMs. Our micro capabilities include silicone molded components, weighing as little as .004 grams, and extruded implantable silicone tubing, scaling as small as 0.15 mm ID. For thermoplastics we offer shot weights ranging from 0.05 to 4 grams in a stand-alone cell, ISO Class 8 cleanroom. With an advanced finished parts depositing system, molded parts removed by a robot can be deposited separately according to cavity into containers inside the machine.
We use automated quality inspection and automated in-process vision control and documentation to consistently produce high quality parts.
AUTOMATION = CONSISTENCY = REPEATABILITY
Silicone Micro Molding
- Liquid injection molding (LIM), micro molding, insert molding, over-molding.
- Expertise in short- and long-term implantable silicones (LSR and HCR)
- Thin-wall silicone molding
Silicone Micro Extrusion
- Extrusion sizes from .004” ID to 1.5” OD
- Multi-lumen extrusion and co-extrusion
- Striping capabilities for part identification, x-ray opacity, or other needs
Thermoplastic Micro Molding
- Insert and vertical insert molding over a wide range of materials
- Implantable micro components in thermoplastics and small components in PEEK
Our broad range of services allows us to tackle projects that require multiple steps and manufacturing processes all under one roof. We effectively utilize our resources to ensure that we deliver the best possible solution to our customers. Our customers trust that we have the molding and extrusion expertise to meet their exacting demands.
Contact us to learn more