Balloon Development & Manufacturing
Freudenberg Medical has the unique ability to offer best in class balloon tubing, rapid response prototyping, and balloon designs not available through typical off-the-shelf industry solutions.
In addition to being able to specify the tubing dimensions to allow our customers to achieve the balloons dimensions and performance required, Freudenberg Medical’s recently developed Balloon Development Center of Excellence offers all capabilities in-house to develop, manufacture, and test high performance medical balloons with dedicated equipment and engineers to ensure short lead times and quickly get prototypes in hand.
With our Rapid Response Prototyping we are able to quickly design concepts to address challenging requirements with multi-layer extrusions, high burst pressure, or specific features, lengths and diameters. Our knowledge with non-compliant, semi-compliant, and compliant balloons technologies in a range of dimensions and materials make Freudenberg Medical a great partner for custom balloon development.
- Nylon, Pebax, Polyamides, PET, Polyurethanes
- Blends, Combinations, Dual & Multi-layers (In-house extrusion capabilities)
- Diameters: 1.5 mm – 35+ mm
- Lengths: Up to 300 mm
- Specialty Design
PTCA & PTA Catheter Balloons
- Dilation and Delivery balloons for 0.014”, 0.018” & 0.035” systems
- RBP’s up to 40ATM+
- Diameters: 2.0 mm – 20 mm+
- Lengths 20 mm to 300 mm
- In-house Custom Balloon Tubing Extrusions
- Low-profile, High Pressure Balloons
- Drug-coated Balloons
- Balloon Wrapping & Bonding
- Balloon Performance Testing
- Balloon Catheter Shaft Development
- Market Band Swaging, Balloon Pleat and Fold
- Assembly and Coating
- Cardio-, Peripheral-, Neurovascular
- Ear, Nose, Throat
Watch our Burst Test in Action…
VistaMed offer in-house extrusion capabilities that is quite unique and specifically designed for balloon tubing production.
- Accurate control for tubing lot-to-lot consistency
- Maximizing balloon performance by using an optimized extrusion process
- Quick turnaround