A tri-layer extrusion is a single lumen tube comprised of three discrete layers. VistaMed designs and manufactures a wide range of three layer material combinations, these can include, but are not limited to:
- Tie-Layer Material
The tri-layer structure allows the extrusion to have unique characteristics throughout the tube:
- Lubricious ID: Inner layer material having a low co-efficient of friction.
- Physical Properties: Layer materials can be tailored to increase burst strength, decrease elongation, or improve tensile strength.
- Bondability: Outer layer material that allows for bonding to other polymeric materials or ink.
- Tie-Layer: Tri-layer tubing provides two non-compatible materials the ability to bond together.
- Encapsulation: Non-medical material/ingredient to be encapsulated between two medical-grade layers.
OD sizes typically ranging from 0.4mm to 4mm
Typical tolerance +/- 0.015mm as OD. As materials change so can tolerances.
Typical testing: Tensile, elongation, burst pressure, wall measurement, and delamination all available on site.